TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/C/6 27th July, 2012
Tanzania National Roads Agency is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day to day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
3.1 ENGINEER II (CIVIL) – 21 POSTS (REGIONS) 3.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning and undertaking inventory, condition, traffic or other surveys for roads and bridges regularly,
• investigating sources of good quality construction materials along the roads,
• preparing contract documents and drawings for maintenance contracts,
• facilitating the procurement of road and bridge maintenance contracts,
• supervising maintenance work contracts
• monitoring the performance of contractors, processing contractors invoices and facilitating timely payments,
• reviewing contractor’s time and cost claims,
• attending regular site meetings and ensuring that the proceedings are adequately recorded,
• Preparing regular works progress reports for the roads and performing such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
3.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent.
• Must be a registered engineer.
• Must be computer literate.
• Post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
3.1.3 REMUNERATION: TANROADS Salary Scale 6.1
3.2 TECHNICIAN II (CIVIL) – 19 POSTS (REGIONS) 3.2.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate during condition survey, inspection of roads and bridges in a region
• Testing road construction materials, completed road and bridge works.
• Supervising weigh bridge operations,
• Participate in preparing work programs and budgets,
• Conduct site measurement for works prepare as built drawing
• Supervising contracts and force accounts operations,
• Monitoring expenditures and unit costs,
• Assisting in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports as required and
• Performing such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the head of engineering unit.
3.2.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Full Technician Certificate (Civil)/ Diploma in Civil Engineering.
• Must be computer literate.
3.2.3 REMUNERATION: TANROADS Salary scale 4.1
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiv. Dead line for application is 10th August, 2012 at 3:30 p.m
xv. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvi. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xvii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xviii. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.